Do you have at home baby with curly afro hair? Yes? And do you know how to properly take care of such hair? Not much? Then you are right here. Together with Markéta, we will introduce you to such curly baby hair correctly comb, washhow to prepare them for a night's sleep what tools and products use and can do more. We have prepared an extra small one for you brochure, which concisely and clearly explains everything important. You can download the brochure <a href="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1932/8043/files/Odstoupeni_od_smlouvy_EN.pdf?v=1595420299" data-gt-href-en="https://en.notsofunnyany.com/">HERE</a>. We are going to too workshops, So don't worry, you will have factual information.
Are you looking for natural cosmetics for your offspring without chemicals and other harmful substances? My Shop With a touch of Africa is the right choice for you. In case you are a little bolder and you would like to embark on technology no poo whether low pootake a look at my tried and tested recipes in DIY cosmetics.
My little imaginary twins boy or girl will cary you through this amazing adventure of caring for children's hair Bella and Chrishave extensive experience in caring for Afro hair.
For the beginning, start reading this is my article about the role that hair plays in the lives of Africans and what is the basic care of them. Below we offer brochures in which you will learn everything you need to know about hair of mixed children.
How to wash and care for curly children hair
Combing curly hair:
- The less you do to hair the better
- Do not comb dry hair
- We are combing wet and hydrated hair - for example with conditioner or leave-in
- We use satin or silk rubber bands
Washing curly hair:
- We use it best for washing cowash (washing conditioner) or fine baby shampoo
- Hair low porosity we wash out stronger shampoo best once a month
- At higher porosity less often
- We do not wash our hair more than once a week
- We always use a moisturizing conditioner (in case we do not wash with the cowash style)
- We dry our hair do cotton T-shirts, diapers or towels for curly hair. Never terry!
Night care for curly baby hair
- There are suitable 2 methods
- LCO - leave in, cream, oil - suitable for low porous hair
- LOC - leave in, oil, cream - suitable for higher porosity
- We moisten the hair with a sprayer and then use one of the methods
- For low porosity, it is advisable to warm the hair first with a hair dryer
- It is suitable to use at night satin sleeping cap, buff or dry hair to braid / twist
- An ideal satin pillow cover or satin sheet (for children who do not sleep on a pillow)>satin silk NOT cotton!
Myths about curly hair
- Afro is always highly porous - this is not the case, quite the opposite. Healthy afro tends to have lower porosity
- Beware of coconut oil - it does not do well to individual hair
How to correctly determine the type of hair
Correct determination of hair texture can sometimes be difficult, especially when the hair changes during development. In principle, however, we follow the current scale:
How to determine hair porosity
Hair porosity plays a very important role in determining how to properly care for your hair. Understanding porosity is not difficult. Imagine that a hair is a pine cone. When the cone is open - high porosity and vice versa, when the cone is closed - low porosity.
- Low porosity
- No chemical intervention
- It takes a long time for the hair to soak up and also dry for a long time
- The hair is closed - do not receive nutrition or hydration
- Easy build up (application of products on the hair)
- It is good to open the hair cuticle (outer layer) slight by heating the hair (warm water or hair dryer)
- Apply deep conditioner - deep conditioning
- Use more light products (oils, creams, conditioners) that do not unnecessarily burden the hair
- Medium porosity
- Normal hair type
- Products suitable for low and higher porosity
- High porosity
- Coarse hair, more tangles
- Chemically damaged, eg by staining
- Physically damaged, eg by ironing
- Hair sucks and absorbs well - easier hydration
- They dry quickly
Composition of products for curly hair
Sometimes it's quite difficult to understand what an individual is names in the composition pose. What's worse, how to know what the composition is suitable for curly baby hair and what is not? For 100% certainty, take a look at curlsbot.com, which is a page where you can find out which product composition is suitable for curly hair. Details of the substances that are permitted and those that are not can be found in the brochure <a href="https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1932/8043/files/Odstoupeni_od_smlouvy_EN.pdf?v=1595420299" data-gt-href-en="https://en.notsofunnyany.com/">HERE</a>, Download.
Protein is one of the basic components of hair, which can be lost through careless handling. The hair is then weak and looks unhealthy. So you need to get it back in your hair. It is protein that causes that curls hold their shape beautifully and the hair is not stretched. The protein in the composition of the product can be found simply by the following names: hydrolyzed…, amino accide, silk, keratin, peptide, seed extract, collagen
! Attention! Not all silicones are bad
Silicones have recently been referred to as cosmetic evil. It is the silicones that make the hair soft, soft after washing and generally look nice and well-groomed outside. However water-insoluble silicones it wraps the hair and thus prevents further penetration of nutrients into the hair. And that's wrong. Volme that is, only silicones, which are water soluble.
Alcohol is not suitable for curly hair as it is dries, which is definitely not good for them. However, there are alcohols that do not mind the hair. You can find more in the download brochure.
Sulphates dry out the hair, can destroy it and in some cases can cause seberoic dermatitis. However, sulfate shampoo is used from time to time for deep cleaning - clarifying
Anyone who knows the skin and hair of Africans and mulattoes knows that their skin and complexion will not tolerate this particular substance. Parabens are 100% chemicals that do not occur in nature. They only act as preservatives to make the products last longer. They can cause allergies and other reactions to which sensitive skin is prone. So parabens are a big NO for mulattoes and Africans!
Shea butter smells beautiful, is easy to spread and the son has visibly better skin. Afro hair the same, only it must not be overdone with the butter, his hair smelled like this for two days. When we run out, we will definitely buy again.
My son suffered a lot from dry skin and since we started using this product, we no longer have dry skin and top for our hair and hair treatment !! We will definitely only buy this product, I highly recommend it !!!
Hello, I would like to thank Mrs. Markéta Jelenová. We met this lady on Facebook in a group that deals with curly hair. I asked for help because I no longer knew where to go. Markéta advised me on preparations, procedures and suggested possible solutions to my problems. She chose with me products that are suitable for my fine hair and patiently helped with the selection. Instead of buying products one by one, I focused on products that fit my mane. 😀. I'm starting a new journey and it's starting to prosper. Now Markéta is helping me with the selection of other helpers and I am looking forward to her favor. What more to add. I recommend ♥ ️❤️ ♥ ️
Perfect consultation in the form of a webinar on the topic of afro hair. Thank you!